18 things to make you more efficient - Intro
We’ve all known that person who always seems to Get Sh!t Done.
Whether a friend or a colleague, this is the person whose work is always done early. The one who somehow manages to finish hour-long tasks in 30 minutes.
The one people describe as a robot or machine, because surely no simple human could work as quickly as they do.
And yet these people exist, cranking away at maximum efficiency. What do these highly productive people have in common? How do they do it?
The habits of highly productive people
It’s tempting to look at highly productive people as machines (or wizards). But by studying how they work efficiently and overcome the challenges we all experience, it’s possible to boost your own productivity as well.
How do the most efficient people overcome challenges like:
- Procrastinating on tasks—both small, nagging ones and large, challenging ones
- Boring work that needs just to get done
- Responding to email and other messages while working
- Staying motivated and energised throughout the entire work day
- Focusing and finishing the most important projects on their plates, juggling all of those balls in the air at one time. And not letting any fall!
Yes, I like to claim the status of “highly productive person”, I’m the person who Gets Sh!t Done.
After talking with my clients to understand how they roll, I’ve read reading articles, checked out books, and have been asking questions of productive people that I’ve pulled together to seek the best advice on their productivity habits, to identify what works and what does not.
What follows are 18 of the most important habits of highly productive people. From ways to spend less time on emails to methods of staying focused, these productivity tips can help you maximize your efficiency—to get more done.
You can increase productivity and become highly efficient with these 18 habits.
- Focus on most important tasks first
- Cultivate deep work
- Keep a distraction list to stay focused
- Set your priorities
- Use the 80/20 rule
- Break tasks into smaller pieces
- Take breaks
- Make fewer decisions
- Eliminate inefficient communication
- Find repeatable shortcuts
- Learn from successes as well as mistakes
- Plan for when things go wrong
- Work before you get motivated or inspired
- Don’t multitask
- Fill the tank—recharge
- Sharpen the axe
- Manage your energy (not just time)
- Get better at saying “no”
DELIVERING WHAT YOU PROMISE and getting your team to do the sameDo you meet the obligations, promises, goals and commitments made to yourself and to others?
The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) did a study in 2010 on accountability and found out that the probability of completing a goal is:
- 10% – If you have an idea or a goal actually.
- 25% – If you consciously decide you will do it.
- 40% – If you decide when you will do it.
- 50% – If you plan how you will do it.
- 65% – If you commit to someone, you will do it.
- 95% – If you have a specific accountability appointment with a person you’ve committed to.
After reading this, how likely are you to achieve your; goals, promises, obligations and commitments alone? Book your FREE Unboxing Session with me ‘The Accountability Guy’ and we’ll examine exactly where you’re at, what’s worked and what hasn’t, and we’ll take a look at your priorities to set the path moving forward. Each Unboxing Session includes:
- 60-90min obligation-free Zoom chat about your goals, promises and commitments
- Examine your priorities
- Review your ‘To-Do List’ and we’ll dig-in to how you will implement
- Together, we will create a plan and set timelines
For more information visit: https://tickthoseboxes.com.au or call me directly: +61 418-379 369.
G’day, I’m ‘The Accountability Guy’.
I’m an Accountability Coach, Business Advisor and Presenter that delivers measurable results in high-performing individuals and teams. My clients often describe me as a business coach with a difference, in that I focus on your “implementation and execution”, not just strategy. This means we “Get Sh!t Done” rather than just talking about it.
My passion is with working with high-performing entrepreneurial business owners, executives and teams to ensure full accountability. This means they meet obligations, goals, promises and commitments made to others and to themselves.
I’m well credentialed with a proven track record in both large corporate and small business having worked for Apple for 10-years as Manager, Commercial Markets during the inspirational Steve Jobs era. Then in my own entrepreneurial lifestyle business which was my genuine sea change, until we successfully sold and exited 15-years later.
All this proven entrepreneurial experience and a full playbook, put me in a truly unique position to directly assist you and your business.